St. Louis Injury Lawyer
Personal injury law is a broad area. The term is generally associated with cases in which a person has been hurt as a result of the carelessness, recklessness, negligence or intentional act of another.
The Injury Lawyers at the Zevan and Davidson Law Firm represent personal injury victims in St. Louis, Missouri and Illinois. Since 1991 we have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To discuss your case, contact the personal injury lawyers at Zevan & Davidson by calling (314) 588-7200.
What are the types of personal injury cases?
Personal injury litigation is based on the premise that an innocent victim should be compensated if he or she has been hurt as the result of the carelessness of another or another’s intentional act or because of a defectively made product.
Personal injury lawsuits encompass a wide variety of conduct by individuals, manufacturers and property owners. Personal injury cases also address a variety of injuries, ranging from soft tissue damage to traumatic brain injury.
Some of the most serious cases handled by Zevan & Davidson are:
- Gas Explosion
- Car Accident
- Truck Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Product Liability
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Slip and Fall
- Tanning Bed Melanoma
- Wrongful Death
What evidence do you need to win a personal injury case?
A personal injury case is a civil rather than a criminal matter. In a lawsuit asserting negligence, it is up to the plaintiff — the injured victim or family member filing the case — to prove by means of a preponderance of the evidence that the defendant was careless and that this lack of care caused or contributed to the injury.
It is crucial to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident. The longer you wait, the more difficult it becomes to gather evidence. Witnesses’ memories may be less clear, and defective products may have been destroyed. In addition, the time allowed by law in which you may file a lawsuit is limited.
Call Now (314) 588-7200 or schedule your free consultation.
Recent Case Result:
$950,000 settlement: for a man who suffered a traumatic brain injury while making a delivery to an industrial site.
Personal injury lawyers use many types of evidence to prove their cases:
- In addition to obtaining a statement from the person who was injured, witnesses who observed the accident will be questioned and may be deposed.
- Accident, fire and other official reports submitted after an accident will be reviewed, and the investigators who prepared them may be deposed.
- Safety records of products will be reviewed to determine whether complaints have been made or lawsuits have been filed that involve the defective product in question.
- Expert witnesses with special training and experience are often hired to review the documents, statements and investigation.
- Medical records and exams are often important in proving that a negligent act caused an injury, in explaining the severity of the injury and documenting the future medical needs of the plaintiff.
What kinds of compensation are awarded as part of a personal injury lawsuit?
Although monetary compensation can never return a person’s health or erase the lasting effects of a catastrophic personal injury, it can alleviate many of the day-to-day problems confronted by personal injury victims and their families, including:
- Past and future medical bills and healthcare expenses
- The costs of long-term nursing care
- Wages lost as a result of another’s negligence
- The pain and suffering caused by the intentional or negligent act of a careless person
Contact Personal Injury Attorneys
GET IMMEDIATE HELP! If you feel that you or someone you love has a personal injury case, contact the St. Louis personal injury lawyers of Zevan and Davidson Law Firm today. Schedule a free consultation by calling (314) 588-7200.